Yields: 1 cup of Ada
Soaking Time for Rice: 1 Hour
Preparation Time: 20 to 30 Minutes
Raw Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 to 3/4 cup (as required while grinding rice)
Water (for dipping steamed ada plates) – in an large basin
- Soak the rice in water for 1 hour.
- Grind the rice by adding water in little steps, to make a fine, smooth paste, that is the consistency of idli batter.
(Take care that you don’t put too much water as it would make the batter too watery.
- Spread the batter on a greased plate (or ela vadam plate) as a thin layer, like dosa.
- Steam the batter on the plates for about 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Once the batter is cooked, use the knife to cut the ada in thin strips on the plate and dip it in a basin of water, so that the steamed ada will fall into the water as small chips.
- Use for making Palada Pradaman.
You can prepare the ada before-hand and freeze for future use.