Yields: 12 nos.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cashew Nut – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 1/2 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup
- Grind the cashew nuts.
- Boil the sugar with water to make sugar syrup.
- Once the syrup reaches the 2 string consistency, reduce to a low flame.
- Stir in the ground cashew nut powder.
- Add the ghee and keep stirring until it is done.
(Consistency Checkpoint: The batter is done when it becomes one ball or mass while stirring.)
- Spread the batter in a greased plate, in a 5 mm layer and flatten the top to make it an even, smooth surface.
- When slightly cool, make diagonal cuts to form one inch long diamonds.
(Checkpoint: Make the cuts when the batter is not too sticky nor too hard so that the cuts come out smooth with a neat finish.)
- Cool and serve.