Yields: 1.5 cups
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Butter – 2 tbsp
Flour – 4 tsp
Milk or Heavy Cream – 1 1/4 cup
Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the milk or heavy cream and keep stirring until the consistency is slightly thick, like a thick sauce.
- Add pepper, nutmeg powder and salt and stir well.
- Use for any Italian dish.
- You can use Bechamel sauce for lasagna, pasta or even in noodles to give a creamy, white sauce texture.
- You can even serve this sauce as a dipping sauce for breads.
- Using 1% milk would make it less fatty compared to using heavy cream.
- You can skip the nutmeg powder if you aren’t a big fan of the strong spicy aroma.