Yields: 1 Cup or 1 Glass
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Dissolving Time of Jaggery: 10 to 15 Minutes
Jaggery to Water = 1:4
This is a basic ratio, and depends mostly on the sweetness of the brand of jaggery.
Jaggery – 1/4 cup
Water – 1 cup
Elaichi or Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder or Dry Ginger Piece (Chukku) – 1 tsp (If using piece, should be mashed and yield should be about 1 tsp)
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Put the jaggery in the water and allow to dissolve for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the jaggery pieces soften in the water, stir well to completely dissolve in the water.
- Add the mashed dry ginger or the dry ginger powder and the cardamom powder and stir well.
- Lastly, stir in the lemon juice.
- Offer as neivedhyam and serve chill or at room temperature.
- You can also powder the jaggery or mash it into smaller pieces to quicken the dissolving time.
- This drink is a good tonic as it is very good for the digestive system and drinking it regularly, at least once a week helps to regulate the digestive system.
- This drink is prepared on Rama Navami along with other dishes.